Jawatan Kosong Posisi Facilities Manager di TENBY SCHOOLS PENANG
DESKRIPSI Jawatan Kosong
Description of School
Tenby Penang is one of the leading schools on the island of Penang. Find out more on our website (www.tenby.edu.my/penang) and our social media sites.
We have a proven track record of staff development and good quality teaching and learning. We are unique because we have a Private Malaysian school and an International School on the same campus and we are truly integrated.
We are one of the biggest school groups in South East Asia with over 5000 students attending Tenby schools every day across Malaysia. We are part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP), a leading International Education company based in London with 50 schools across the world. We are part of a worldwide family with sister schools in Spain, UK, Mexico, Costa Rica, USA, Canada, Dubai and the UAE.
- A culture of engagement and trust, where staff contributions are recognised and valued.
- A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of decision-making.
- An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
- A peer network of like-minded teaching colleagues and support from non-academic staff.
- Access to expertise, best practise sharing and learning opportunities across countries and cultures.
- A commitment to employee well-being.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Fee discount for children of employees
- Medical outpatient and insurance benefits
- Personal Accident insurance coverage
ISP Malaysia- [Tenby School Penang]
Purpose of Role
We are looking for inspirational, dynamic, and innovative Facilities Manager to join a forward-thinking and passionate team that supports the maintenance of our wonderful teaching and learning environment.
The candidate is responsible to manage efficiently (doing it right) & effectively (doing the right thing) the facilities management of the school(s) by administering physical assets, outsourced services, and value-added business processes in a timely and responsible manner.
The candidate will be expected to continuously exceed internal and external customer expectations while embracing the ISP and Tenby Schools group core values.
Our campus is undergoing a transformation with the creation of new innovative STEAM learning spaces. The successful candidate will therefore have the opportunity to be part of something exciting and ground-breaking which will change the educational landscape in Penang.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Facilities Manager Key Responsibilities
- Lead custodial personnel (direct & outsourced), whose major responsibility is to provide students and staff with safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient buildings and outdoor areas in which to learn, play, and develop.
- Responsible for the overall operations of the Building/Facilities (cleaning, landscaping, mechanical & electrical services, scheduled maintenance, structural and non-structural renovation works), Safety & Security, Canteen Operations, Bookstore & Uniform vendors.
- Under the direction of the Campus Principal and Regional Head of Properties SEA, plan, organize, direct, schedule and participate in the maintenance and operations of school facilities including custodial, grounds keeping and general maintenance operations of school owned facilities; direct and provide technical guidance to assigned staff; serve as the school health & safety officer; serve as school Security & traffic person in charge; serve as school lost & found person in charge; serve as school logistic arrangement person in charge; serve as school cleanness person in charge.
- Plan buildings, grounds, equipment, furniture, and facilities maintenance programmes including deferred maintenance and systemic preventive maintenance.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Serve as school Health & Safety Coordinator.
- Review plans and specifications and recommend changes as necessary; recommend need for and methods of altering existing facilities.
- Track status or work / project completion and maintenance and operations activities.
- Ensure quality and responsiveness of maintenance and operations activities.
- Identify, budget, order repair parts and maintenance and custodial equipment and supplies as needed; maintain and inventory appropriate levels of routine parts and supplies.
- Oversee maintenance and operations staff; participate in the selection of personnel; evaluate maintenance supervisor, maintenances, in house cleaner; review evaluations of maintenance works done by landscape, security guards, and cleaners.
- Supervise repair and maintenance work on school facilities and equipment.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Basic financial planning and negotiating skills with the ability to manage budgets.
- Change management and ability to drive change.
- Ability to search for solutions to seemingly complex issues.
- Ability to work effectively both in collaboration with other professionals/teams and on own initiative.
- Ability to influence people who are not part of your team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to relate to young people, parents, colleagues, and external 3rd parties.
- Excellent organisational skills / time management / ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines.
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of local regulations of health and safety.
- Knowledge of development, planning and execution of preventive maintenance routines.
- Knowledge of Civil protection, fire department, labour law, health and safety, construction parameters and educational infrastructure’ requirements.
- Knowledge of electrical safety, working at heights, personal protective equipment requirements.
- Knowledge of property security, access control, CCTV operation, security incident management, car & pedestrians transit regulations.
- Knowledge of hygiene in schools, water purification, wastewater treatment.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- At least five (5) years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent related functions.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Physically fit and available to work overtime including weekends when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
1. Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
2. Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
3. Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
4. Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
5. Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
6. Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
7. Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
8. Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
9. Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
10. Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
11. Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
12. Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
13. Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
14. Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
ISP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years’ employment history.
Informasi Tambahan Jawatan Kosong
Informasi perusahaan Pemberi Kerja, TENBY SCHOOLS PENANG
Tenby Schools Penang is a member of the Tenby Schools group, a rapidly expanding group of integrated schools comprising an international and a Malaysian private school on most of our campuses. Having started in Ipoh, there are now also Tenby Schools in Penang, Setia Eco Park in Shah Alam, Setia Eco Gardens in Johor Bahru, Setia Ecohill in Semenyih and Tropicana Aman in Kota Kemuning.
Our vision is “A United World At Peace – Through Education” and is shared by all our schools. We are dedicated to bring together students from different cultures and nationalities and educate them to become the global citizens of the future –young people with respect for one another, confidence in themselves and the determination to become outstanding achievers.
Tenby Schools Penang began life as a local kindergarten and a private school, with Tenby International school (TIS), Penang being established in 2007. In 2011, the school moved into its current location, a purpose-built campus conveniently located in Tanjung Bungah. The school complex is equipped with modern facilities, supported by a strong faculty of teaching staff.
Informasi Tambahan Perusahaan TENBY SCHOOLS PENANG
Ukuran Perusahaan : 51 – 200 Employees
Waktu Proses Lamaran : 15 days
Industri : Education
Tunjangan dan Lain-lain : Dental, Education support, Medical, Parking, Regular hours, Mondays – Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties), Insurance Coverage – Group H&S & Group PA, Sport facilities
Lokasi : Tanjung Bungah/Teluk Bahang