Jawatan Kosong Posisi Business Development Manager (Exhibitions and Homegrown) di Sarawak Convention Bureau
DESKRIPSI Jawatan Kosong
About this role:
- Develop exhibitions and homegrown business events (Conventions & Exhibitions) segment’s business plan and blueprint including, but not limited to:
- Develop and secure more exhibitions and homegrown business events (Conventions and Exhibitions) locally, nationally and internationally by developing, planning, and implementing annual business plans/blueprints.
- To carry out business development activities not limited to sales calls, bidding, client relationship management initiatives, promotions, conferences, tradeshows, roadshows, site inspections, familiarisation trips and other relevant lead generation activities in accordance with resource/budget allocated to secure more exhibitions and homegrown business events (Conventions & Exhibitions).
- To develop homegrown business events (Conventions and Exhibitions) by identifying, providing guidance, assisting and supporting potential organisers.
- To assist potential organisers to apply, recommend and evaluate funding support.
- Actively liaise with decision-makers from professional exhibition organisers (PEO), host committees, associations/ society, government departments/ agencies, private sectors, industry partners and other stakeholders to produce winning and professional bid proposals.
- Coordinate and follow up on the potential leads including maintaining a good relationship with clients, government departments/agencies, industry partners and other stakeholders to build a good connection with local industries, service suppliers, the organizers of international fairs, venue providers/exhibition centres, national and international trade associations, fairs and exhibitions industry, and government agencies.
- Sourcing of new business leads using the available research tools such as Internet research, International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA), Union of International Associations (UIA), The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry (UFI) and etc.
- To key in contact, maintain, and update relevant info to the BESarawak’s database system.
- To ensure the filing system is in place, organised and accurate.
- Prepare and deliver activity reports, status reports, sales reports, market analysis and other reports as required.
What are we looking for?
- Degree or Master in Marketing, Tourism or Business Studies.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in marketing and business development preferably in business events (Convention and Exhibition), trade exhibitions, event management, and the tourism industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business events industry including planning, producing and managing, particularly in conventions and exhibitions.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English and Bahasa Malaysia. The ability to converse and write in Mandarin will be an added advantage.
- Good business presentation skills.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Able to travel domestically, nationally and internationally and willing to work extended hours.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse multi-tasked environment including managing multiple work processes and projects simultaneously and adaptability in changing priorities.
Informasi Tambahan Jawatan Kosong
Tingkat Pekerjaan : Manager
Kualifikasi : Sales/Marketing, Marketing/Business Dev
Pengalaman Kerja : 5 years
Jenis Pekerjaan : Full-Time
Spesialisasi Pekerjaan : Sales/Marketing, Marketing/Business Dev / 503, 139
Informasi perusahaan Pemberi Kerja, Sarawak Convention Bureau
Sarawak Convention Bureau (SCB) is a Destination Marketing Organisation (DMO) formed in 2006 by the Sarawak Government under the Ministry of Tourism, Creative Industry & Performing Arts Sarawak. It is Malaysia’s first convention bureau whose primary role is to market, promote and position Sarawak as the preferred destination for Business Events consisting of corporate meetings, corporate incentives, conventions, and exhibitions. Transforming Sarawak’s economic and social landscape by harnessing the economic and legacy impact of business events.
- Market and promote Sarawak for Business Events (Corporate Meetings, Corporate Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions).
- Bid, support and develop local, national, and international business events.
- Support capacity building by developing educational activities and programmes for the industry.
- Connect and collaborate with Governments (Sarawak, National, and International), Associations, Academia, Corporate Organisations, and Industry Partners.
Informasi Tambahan Perusahaan Sarawak Convention Bureau
Ukuran Perusahaan : 1 – 50 Employees
Waktu Proses Lamaran : 18 days
Industri : Exhibitions/Event management/MICE
Tunjangan dan Lain-lain : Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Parking, Regular hours, Mondays – Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)
Lokasi : Kuching